Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you think that you might be entitled to free school meals you will need to complete this application form.
(can be completed electronically and emailed to school)
You will need to complete this form and either email/post or drop it into school. We will do all we can to process these as swiftly as possible, but given the unusual circumstances it may take a number of weeks for entitlement to be confirmed.
Further Information: DfE_Free School Meals_Parent Carer FAQs