What is the ‘Sport Premium’?
In April 2013 the Government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Education (PE) and Sport – often referred to as a ‘Sport Premium’. This funding has to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision.
School’s must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and Sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
- DfE, 2013
When asked about the Sports Premium at its launch, Lord Coe reflected: ‘When I stood up in Singapore in 2005, I spoke of London's vision to connect young people with the inspirational power of the Games so they are inspired to choose sport. By focussing on primary schools, we have the opportunity to use sport and physical activity to shape the daily lives of young people. I know from my own experience what an impact teachers and their engagement can have on the lives of young people.’
The Vision for P.E at Cuddington
CCPS believes that physical education, experienced in a safe and supportive environment, is vital and unique in its contribution to a pupil’s physical and emotional development and health.
We promote this vision at CCPS as we believe P.E:
- Increases self- confidence through an ability for children to manage themselves successfully in a variety of situations.
- Offers a balance of individual, team, co-operative and competitive activities for all children.
Endeavours to provide appropriate, stimulating, challenging and enjoyable learning environments for all pupils.
- Should be accessible to all pupils regardless of age, ability or need
- Promotes an understanding of the many benefits of exercise, through a balanced range of cross curricular activities offered.
Our aim at CCPS is to:
- Improve participation and standards in PE and School Sport at CCPS
- Improve staff confidence and expertise through professional development activities
- Provide opportunities for pupils to be active and lead healthy lifestyles
- Provide sustainable pathways for pupils to participate in extra-curricular activity, competition and activity in the local community
- Ensure sustainability through training and networks/systems in place
- Provide ongoing support and focus on PE and sport ensuring a legacy for future working
Click here to see the impact of our Primary PE and Sports Premium 2017-2018
Click here to see the planned spend and impact of our Primary PE and Sports Premium spend for 2018-2019 with Mid-Year Evaluation