Parent Staff Association (PSA)
Hello and a warm welcome from the Cuddington Community Parent Staff Association (PSA).
The PSA is the coming together of parents and school staff to fundraise for nice to have resources, that are not typically covered in the standard school budget. We form an integral part of the school community and raise thousands of pounds each year to bring a little extra fun and magic to our children’s school experience.
With a child in the school or nursery, you are automatically part of the PSA. This means you can help choose how we fundraise and also have a say on how we should spend the money we have all helped to raise.
To date, PSA money has funded for authors and external educators to visit the school, playground apparatus, toys and games, library resources, outside garden spaces and our school swimming pool. Money from fundraising also enables the PSA to contribute £300 a year to each class towards educational trips.
We are currently raising money for a brand new and improved adventure trim trail which will be suitable for all the children throughout the school. It will replace the current one we have which is now beyond repair unfortunately. We fundraise through a variety of popular events including quiz nights, cake sales, Easter hunts, seasonal discos, fireworks displays and school fairs. We are a registered charity, so we can also accept contributions with the click of a button, via popular shopping websites.
There are lots of ways to help and get involved:
- Join in with our termly PSA meetings to show your support. We understand that finding the time to attend meetings may be difficult with busy family life so we try to keep the meetings casual and flexible, depending on the majority of attendees’ availability – share your time and day preferences with us as we’d love for you to join in
- Look out for PSA updates on the school newsletter, detailing upcoming fundraisers
- Coffee for Cuddington – Set up a regular donation directly to our account for as little or as much as you can afford, the price of a cup of coffee even! Some parents find this handy if they can’t help out with school events as often as they’d like to
- Shop via org.uk and smile.amazon.co.uk Select Cuddington Community Primary School PSA/Cuddington Parents Association (Worcester Park) respectively, and a percentage donation will automatically be made to us when you check out. So simple!
- Check if the company you work for offer a ‘Company Matched Funding Scheme’. For any event you help with, your employer will match the total amount raised – amazing!
- Share any fundraising or spend ideas with your class representative so they can pass them on to the PSA
- Like us on Facebook ‘Friends of Cuddington Community School’
The PSA committee is formed of a very small group of parents and staff and we would very much like for there to be more of us! It is totally non-committal, but it would be great to hear if you can help in any way and what level of support you can offer. This would help us greatly when it comes to organising events and fundraisers. So please look out for any PSA requests from your class rep and offer support where you can.
Feel free to drop us a note in the school mailbox at the office for the PSA’s attention, or speak directly to any of the PSA officers or your Class representatives, listed below:
Chair Emma O’Leary & Dannii Burrell
Treasurer Karen Jones
Secretary Jenny Delves
Secretary Anthia Poleviou
Cherry Tree (Jubilee Centre) Dannii Burrell
Acorns (Nursery) Karen Jones
Pear Tree (Reception) John & Kate Walsh / Laura Pearce
Holly Tree (Year 1) Karen Jones
Chestnut Tree (Year 2) Sally Kavanagh
Willow Tree (Year 3) Manjit Beard / Jenny Delves
Birch Tree (Year 4) Kajal Khan
Maple Tree (Year 5) Manjit Beard / Jenny Delves
Oak Tree (Year 6) Louise Hellings
Thank you for your ongoing support and we look forward to fundraising with you in the near future!