Helping in School
We are currently unable to allow volunteers on site due to COVID 19 restrictions but look forward to welcoming all volunteers back as soon as possible.
We would welcome your help with the following:
- listen to reading during school time or support the class teacher with group activities.
- volunteer to help with clubs.
- help support and organise fund raising activities.
- attend our Parents Staff Association meetings to plan social events and to offer ideas for raising money and how to spend it on the most beneficial items for our school.
- become a class representative - this involves organising helpers for various activities and assisting the class teacher with the communication of messages and suggestions.
- coming along on school trips - a day out for a fun and educational trip where you may be asked to supervise a small group.
- helping with swimming lessons i.e. supervising children to get changed and walking to and from the classroom.
- gardening & supporting children in the 'Living Classroom'
- library book changing
Most activities will require a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check to be carried out and all volunteers must apply via the Job Train website to become a volunteer. Please see attached link. https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/thpt/internal/vacancies.aspx.
All volunteers must agree to abide by the policies and procedures of the school and will be asked to sign a code of conduct.