Helping in School
We are once again beginning to allow some volunteers on site to help out with a few activities. In the first instance, all applicants need to make an appointment with the Principal and subsequently apply via the THPT link which can be found at the bottom of our home page.
We would welcome your help with the following:
- listen to reading during school time or support the class teacher with group activities.
- volunteer to help with clubs.
- help support and organise fund raising activities.
- attend our Parents Staff Association meetings to plan social events and to offer ideas for raising money and how to spend it on the most beneficial items for our school.
- become a class representative - this involves organising helpers for various activities and assisting the class teacher with the communication of messages and suggestions.
- coming along on school trips - a day out for a fun and educational trip where you may be asked to supervise a small group.
- helping with swimming lessons i.e. supervising children to get changed and walking to and from the classroom.
- gardening & supporting children in the 'Living Classroom'
- library book changing
Most activities require a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check to be carried out and all volunteers must apply via the 'Join Our Team' link found at the bottom of this page.
All volunteers must agree to abide by the policies and procedures of the school and will be asked to sign a code of conduct.