In Nursery and Reception, pupils work towards the Early Learning Goals within the Foundation Stage Curriculum.
The Nursery and Reception Curriculum includes a wide range of carefully-planned, play-based activities that support our youngest children as they take their next steps in learning, prepare them for the next stage of their education.
Teacher-led activities (one-to-one, small groups or whole class) are engaging and exciting, and provide appropriate challenge for all pupils.
The Foundation Stage Curriculum is divided into the following areas of learning:
In Reception and Nursery our teachers follow the Early Years Foundation stage curriculum. (EYFS) It focuses upon developing learning in the following areas:
- Communication, Language and Literacy (CLL)
- Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy (PSRN)
- Creative Development (CD)
- Physical Development (PD)
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World (KUW)